The Mantaro Valley consists of beautiful landscapes with small villages rich in culture,tradional food, music, dances and handicrafts.
Each village has its own handicraft specialty. You can buy traditional crafts directly from the artisans, or simply watch them work. Every village has its dedicated market day and there is always a fiesta being held somewhere in the valley - would you believe that we have more parties in a year then there are days! The Mantaro Valley also has many beautiful trails linking the villages, which can be explored by trekking, horse riding or biking. Be prepared for breath-taking scenery, interesting archaeological sites, and above all, very friendly people!
- SUNDAY Feria Dominical de Huancayo, Concepción, Jauja, Mito
- MONDAY Huayucachi, San Agustin de Cajas
- TUESDAY Pucara, Hualhuas
- WEDNESDAY San Jeronimo, De Tunan, Jauja, Viquez
- THURSDAY El Tambo, Huancan, Sapallanga
- FRIDAY Ahuac, Chongos Bajo, Cochas Chico
- SATURDAY Chupaca, Matahuasi, Llocllapampa, Jauja
VILLAGES AND THEIR SPECIALITIES
||Tapestry weaving looms
|SAN JERONIMO DE TUNAN
||Silver filigree jewellery
|SAN AGUSTIN DE CAJAS
||Hats of sheep wool
||Colorful belts, & blankets made on backstrap looms