- Luggage Storage:
- Incas del Peru and Casa de la Abuela will store your luggage FREE for one month. After one month, a $10 flat fee will be charged for any additional time.
- Luggage Transfer from Huancayo to Lima:
- We can transfer luggage from Huancayo to our Lima office for pickup, so you don't have to lug your Central Andean souvenirs all over Peru. This service is free for a small piece of luggage (no more than 1 kg); for larger bags a fee will apply.
- Book Exchange:
- Our book exchange is available for free for all Casa de la Abuela guests and resident volunteers through Incas del Peru. We have a good selection of books for sale or trade in our main office. If you are staying at another hotel in Huancayo, you may use our book exchange for a small fee.
- Free Calientito Voucher:
- Upon arrival at Casa de la Abuela, you will receive a voucher for a free calientito at either La Cabaña or El Otro Lado. A calientito is a traditional Peruvian drink made with herbs, spices, honey, and either rum, pisco or vodka. It is served hot (hence the name) and is excellent on a chilly evening. La Cabaña also has live Andean music and dancing on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, and the best pisco sours in the central Andes!
- Free Internet Voucher:
- Guests at Casa de la Abuela also receive a voucher for a free half hour of internet at La Casa de la Abuela (Second floor).
- Free Taxi to Casa de la Abuela:
- We will pay your cab fare from the bus station to Casa de la Abuela on your arrival in Huancayo; ask at check in.
- Free Maps:
- We have a large selection of free maps showing day hikes in the Mantaro Valley area. We also have some special maps that we only provide to Casa de la Abuela guests, and some Travel Routes and Mountain Biking information that we sell at a moderate price.
- Free Fax Reception: The first page of any fax you need to receive at Incas del Peru is free; for each subsequent page a small fee is charged.
- Free Cup of Tea: Come to visit us at our office, and we can discuss possible activities in the Montaro Valley over a cup of tea.
- Free Hotel Reservations: We have contacts with many good hotels in various price ranges all over Peru; contact us for recommendations and reservations.
- Free Inca Trail Reservations: Avoid long waits and large groups in Cuzco! Book with us in advance, and our travel agent there will get you into a group with a maximum of 12 travelers, with good guide, food, and services.