Experience life in the mountains with llama shepherds. Live with a gourd carving or silver working family and learn their crafts. Experience the ups and downs of urban life. Homestay opportunities are endless.One of the greatest ways to experience Peruvian culture is to live with a family.
Incas del Peru works both with rural families of the Mantaro Valley and also with urban families in Huancayo itself. One of the greatest things about our Homestay Program is the benefits for both parties: mutual cultural understanding, new friends and new experiences.
The fees for our Homestay Programs go towards increasing the living standards of our families and their communities. Our families also develop a sense of pride through the Homestay Program – a pride in themselves and their way of life.
We have a very close relationship with all of our families, and work with them to accommodate and care for travelers. Our families open up their lives for you to share. All that we expect from you are respect and tolerance in return. Please read our Homestay FAQ for more information.
OUR BASIC RULES FOR HOMESTAY
- Homestays include 3 meals per day. If you will not be back for a meal, please warn the family beforehand.
- The meals have set hours, please respect them.
- Soap, laundry detergent and toothpaste are NOT included.
- If you feel uncomfortable in a family’s home, please tell us at the first opportunity. We will try to rectify the situation, and will possibly place you with another family.
- Please understand that our families offer their homes as well as their way of living for you to share. Respect & tolerance are expected from you in return.
For more information please contact us: